Welcome to The Nakodar Co-Operative Sugar Mills Ltd.
The registration of the Nakodar Coop.Sugar Mills Ltd, Nakodar was made with the Registrar, Cooperative Societies under the Cooperative Societies Act 1961 on dated 09.08.1982. This Mills is situated at village Gaggarwal, Mehatpur Road Nakodar. The foundation stone of the mills was laid by the then Honorable Chief Minister of Punjab Sh. Surjit Singh Barnala on 16-03-1986. The Sugar manufacturing plant was commissioned on 11.02.1988. The inauguration of the mills was done by the then Honorable Governor of Punjab Sh. Sidharth Shanker Ray.
Under the dynamic Leadership of Hon’ble Cooperation Minister, Capt. Kanwaljit Singh, Co-generation Plant of 20 MW capacity i.e. 15MW in Ist Phase has been set up & balance in 2nd Phase to be set-up by M/s. A2Z Maintenance & Engineering Services Ltd., Gurgaon on BOOT (Built, Own Operate & Transfer) basis. This project was commissioned on 07-12-2011. However, Foundation Stone laying ceremony was held on 05-02-2009. The company will pay 7% of sale realization from power to the mills during the first five years and 7.5% during the balance concession period of 10 years subject to the condition that the amount will not be less than Rs. 25.00 lacs per annum. However, the percentage will increase to 8% from the day power generation from the project crosses 20 MW. In addition to this amount, company will financially help sugar mills for Modernization of Plant which will be interest free with latest technology and for reduction of steam/power consumption.
Besides this, the following benefits will be available to the mills
- With same fuel the company will be able to generate approx. Six times more electricity.
- Reduction in cost of Repair & maintenance on boilers, power turbines and other related equipment will save around Rs.15.00 lacs per annum to the mills.
- Reduction in salary and wage bill of workers will be approx. Rs.30.00 lacs per annum.
- Saving of Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd. electricity bill by Rs. 10.00 Lacs approx. per annum to the mills.
- Mill will earn 7% return on sale of power by the company, which comes to Rs. 300.00 lacs per annum, when the co-generation plant starts generating 20MW electricity.
- Fuel saving of approx. 20.00 lac.
- Generation of more employment in area.
- Proper utilization of bio-waste.
This is a parallax text block. Click the edit button to change this text.
Matter of Pride
- Won the State Award with regard to Best Performance in the State of Punjab
- Won the 3rd Prize in the Technical Efficiency in the Low Recovery Zone of the country, Awarded by National Fed. of Coop. Sugar Factories Ltd., New Delhi
- Won the 1st Prize in the Technical Efficiency in the Low Recovery Zone of the country, Awarded by National Fed. of Coop. Sugar Factories Ltd., New Delhi
- Won the 2nd Prize in Cane Development in the Low Recovery Zone of the country, Awarded by National Fed. of Coop. Sugar Factories Ltd., New Delhi
- Won the Ist prize in the Technical Efficiency, Awarded by Punjab State Federation of Coop. Sugar Factories Ltd., Chandigarh.
THE NAKODAR COOP. SUGAR MILLS LTD., NAKODAR
Detail of Mills Area
|1.||Area under factory including godowns||32 Acre, 04 Kanal, 18 Marlas|
|2.||Area under cane yard in Acres||08 Acres, 0 Kanal|
|3.||Area under residential and official complex||12 Acres, 07 Kanal, 07 Marlas|
|4.||Area under cane farm||21 Acres, 07 Kanal, 07 Marlas|
|5.||Vacant area||07 Acres, 02 Kanal, 02 Marlas|
|Total||82 Acre, 01 Kanal, 15 Marlas|
|B||Distillery Area||15 Acre, 03 Kanal, 01 Marlas|
|Total Area||97 Acre, 04 Kanal, 16 Marlas|